Andrew KingQuestrom Professor in Management Professor, Strategy and Innovation
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office 651A
Questrom School of Business
Rafik B. Hariri Building
595 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Professor Andrew A. King is a leading authority on environmental performance and innovation. His research established whether and when firms can find ways to profitably reduce their impact on the environment. His empirical tests of the efficacy of industry self-regulation helped change both private and public policy. His research now explores open source innovation and knowledge sharing.
Andy was an early advocate of a scholarship on what is now called “sustainability”, and his findings and methods have influenced scholars in many disciplines. With students and colleagues, he helped found some of the most important research institutions in the field, culminating in the Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability.
Andy has been a Marvin Bower Fellow at the Harvard Business School, an Aspen Institute Faculty Pioneer, and an Academy of Management Journal Best Paper Award winner His thesis won the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Zannetos Prize. Andy holds a BA from Brown University, an MS from the University of California, Berkeley, and a PhD from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- King, A., Goldfarb, B., Simcoe, T. (In Press). "Learning from Testimony on Quantitative Research in Management", Academy of Management Review
- Bergquist, A., Cole, S., Ehrenfeld, J., King, A., Schendler, A. (2019). "Understanding and Overcoming Roadblocks to Environmental Sustainability: Past Roads and Future Prospects", Business History Review, 93 (1), 127-148
- Goldfarb, B., King, A., Simcoe, T. (2018). "Heritability of Trust and Distrust Remains Unknown.", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 115 (10), E2149-E2150
- Lyon, T., Delmas, M., Maxwell, J., Bansal, P., Chiroleu-Assouline, M., Crifo, P., Durand, R., Gond, J., King, A., Lenox, M., Toffel, M., Vogel, D., Wijen, F. (2018). "CSR Needs CPR: Corporate Sustainability and Politics", California Management Review, 60 (4), 5-24
- Berchicci, L., Dowell, G., King, A. (2017). "Environmental Performance and the Market for Corporate Assets", Strategic Management Journal, 38 (12), 2444-2464
- Goldfarb, B., King, A. (2016). "Scientific apophenia in strategic management research: Significance tests & mistaken inference", Strategic Management Journal, 37 (1), 167-176
- King, A. (2019). "Thinking critically about the wisdom of experts", Mit Sloan Management Review
- King, A. Cooperation in a Time of Disintegration and Distrust, Milan, Italy, 2019
- King, A. , King, A. Is Secrecy Always Bad? A Conversation on the Negative Consequences of Disclosure, Minneapolis, MN, 2019