Partnering for success from day one
The School of Management’s Feld Career Center (FCC) is your first business partner. Starting before Pre-term (Orientation), our Career Center counselors offer advice for lifelong career development. Full Time MBA Employment Report
Many FCC staff members have worked on the corporate side and know exactly what recruiters seek. The Center’s dedication to each student’s success is best expressed through our Career Community Program, a partnership between student clubs, faculty, and the FCC. The program is designed with your goals in mind: securing a fulfilling internship and a position in the industry or business sector of your choice. You’ll assess your evolving skill set and career experiences, refine your professional trajectory by investigating key industries, and develop a tactical interview strategy.
The Career Community Program’s benefits are numerous and long lasting:
- An established network of colleagues, alumni, and other professionals in your industry of interest
- Faculty collaboration and a close community within your specialty
- Essential presentation skills prized by top employers
- In-depth guidance on how to create winning résumés and cover letters
- Key knowledge of employer expectations and suggestions for successful entry into your chosen field
The Feld Career Center also brings the most competitive companies to campus during recruiting months and offers other personalized, results- driven services, including:
Career Management Students will create a personalized career development plan in this required, three-credit course designed to assist them with internship search basics, such as résumés and cover letters, informational interviews, and peer and professional networking. The Career Center introduces strategies and methods to help guide students through their MBA-level, candidate-driven internship search.
An international student series that offers critical information to help international students navigate the job search.
Results beyond the usual:
- More than 800 companies recruit our students
- Over the past four years, Boston University has achieved a 92% average placement rate within the first three months of graduation.
- In the 2010 ranking from US News & World Report, BU placed among the top-5 programs on this measure.
- Nearly 1,000 positions posted annually through the Feld Career Center
- Employment across a widely diverse spectrum of organizations
- Average MBA starting salary in 2010: $ 84,814
- Average signing bonus in 2010 was $ 13,625 and other compensation averaged $ 14,167