Women’s MBA Association
The mission of the Women’s MBA Association is to provide career guidance and support to women currently in the MBA program through:
- Providing access to professional women leaders who hold positions within different industries, possess a wide range of interests and have built successful careers.
- Educating members about topics related to work-life balance, career advancement, and networking.
- Finding mentors and leadership opportunities within and around the Graduate School of Management and Boston University.
- Active participation within the community.
- Establishing a solid relationship among students, alumni, faculty and women in the greater Boston area, including MBA students from neighboring schools.
- Uniting men and women in addressing women-related issues in the workplace.
The Women’s MBA Association elects officers every spring semester and first year representatives in the fall. The role and title of each officer is flexible to accommodate each officer’s skills and the organization’s interests. The first year representatives are in charge of voicing the ideas and interests of the first year club members and getting them involved.
The club officers usually meet once a week to discuss upcoming events and talk over administrative issues.
The faculty adviser helps us to make further connections with the BU staff and deans to develop and plan events. The faculty adviser also helps the club to make connections with the greater Boston business community.