Seize the opportunity and go places.
The MS in Business Analytics is a 45-credit program that develops your ability to think critically about data problems in business contexts. The curriculum is primarily designed to enhance your statistical and programming acumen through rigorous hands-on coursework. Along the way, you’ll also learn the essential soft skills that are highly valued by employers, ranging from effective communication to collaboration and leadership. Moreover, as data-driven decision making becomes ever more embedded in corporate life, you’ll be prepared to think about the ethical and legal challenges that come with collecting, storing, managing, and using data. Ultimately, you will gain a combination of technical and interpersonal skills to enable holistic data-driven decision making.
Beginning in September, the program will intensively cover core concepts in programming and data analysis. This semester will also include additional lab time. From there, you’ll enter the spring semester, where you’ll fortify your understanding of causal, predictive, and unsupervised models through more advanced statistics and machine learning. In the summer, you’ll apply this knowledge to a variety of business areas, all leading up to a comprehensive capstone project.
More than a degree
Upon completion of the MS in Business Analytics program, you will:
- Be able to think critically about and frame data problems in a variety of business contexts and apply appropriate analytical methods to find solutions that achieve stated objectives.
- Consider opportunities, needs and constraints of data analytics within the business functions and the strategic importance of decisions made using data.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, connecting quantitative and qualitative tools, concepts and context to effectively solve problems and make decisions.
- Demonstrate proficiency with a variety of data-analytic tools.
- Communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences in speech, in writing, and graphically.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, team, collaborative and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate ethical reasoning skills and understand professional responsibilities.