A major event is sponsored by the FCC. It can include employers, alumni and students. A major event may be general (open to all employers or students) or targeted to a specific audience and can include a recruiting or branding component for the employers.
- Career fairs
- The FCC sponsors a traditional Fall Undergraduate Career Fair and participates in a spring University-wide Just-In-Time Career Fair.
- Industry Nights
- MBA targeted recruiting events held by industry. May include a panel discussion prior to career expo.
- Networking Nights
- Networking event open to students, employers and alumni. An opportunity for casual discussions. May have a theme or industry base.
- Exploration Events
- Opportunity for employers and students to interact. Emphasis will be for students to explore industries and functions they may be considering. Employers will have the opportunity to showcase their company and or position. Will have an educational component and a networking component.
A recruiting event allows for the employers to participate on campus with students for the specific purpose of attracting students to hire.
- Information sessions
- The FCC offers free use of classrooms to host a company information session. These sessions are held from 4-5pm with an option of a reception following the information session from 5-6pm.
- Lunch and Learns
- A more intimate setting to introduce students to an employer. Held in our large conference room. Lunch and Learn events allow the employer to meet with up to 25 students and allows for more targeted questions and discussion around your company and positions. Lunch and Learn sessions are held from 11:30-12:30pm. Lunch is provided by the employer.
- Coffee Chats
- A casual, drop-in session held in the morning, usually from 8-9am provides the employer with the opportunity to speak with students individually or in a small group about the company and position. Coffee and pastry is provided by the employer.
A branding event allows for the employer to be present on campus for the purpose of bringing awareness of the company to the students.
- Office hours
- The FCC offers employers the opportunity to hold office hours here in our suite. Depending on your preference, students can schedule meetings with you or drop in to meet with you.
- Meet & Greets
- Held in our Atrium for maximum exposure, employers greet students as they enter the Questrom School of Business. You will have a table to stand at and present your branding material. These events can be held either in the morning or afternoon.