Mathematical Finance Employers
Institutions are more eager than ever to employ bright mathematical finance (MSMF) professionals applying rigorous analyses to financial data. The MSMF program prepares graduates with the skills necessary to develop high-level expertise in the quantitative side of finance and includes a real-world internship.
Internships are arranged by an experienced team that works with each student on an individual basis. An internship through the Boston University’s MSMF program offers students many different opportunities, including experience in a professional setting, a network of contacts in the field, industry and role exploration, and career and academic goals.
Over the last three years, we have averaged a 91% internship placement rate.
Recent companies included:
- State Street Global Advisors
- UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Charles River Development
- Systems Analytics
- Geode Capital Management
- EPFR Global
- Quantitative Analyst/ Quant Summer Internship
- Financial planning, asset allocation proposals, and portfolio analysis
- Credit Risk Analyst
- Risk Management Analyst
- Wealth Management Division
- Product Specialist
Graduates of the MF program enter into a number of fields upon graduation. Some of these career paths include:
- Financial Advisory and Investment Banking
- Fixed Income Securities and Derivatives Pricing
- Products Management
- Algorithmic Trading and Risk Management
- Proprietary Trading and Asset Management
- Financial Product Design and Implementation
Our alumni work for dynamic companies and organizations in major cities around the world. The sample list below demonstrates the wide spectrum of recent alumni employment.
- Bank of America
- Barclays Capital
- Bloomberg L.P.
- Charles River Development, Product Specialist, Quality Assurance Group
- Ernst & Young
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Senior Research Assistant, Risk & Policy Analysis
- Fortress Investment Group LLC
- HSBC Bank
- Mellon Capital Management
- Morgan Stanley
- Putnam Investments
- Standard & Poors
- State Street Associates
- State Street Global Markets
- Suite LLC