At Boston University Questrom School of Business, PhD candidates are researchers, collaborators, students, and teachers.
It’s a tight-knit community where world-class faculty members partner with students, helping them to master research methods, learn across disciplines, and analyze data. Above all, they work together to tackle the most challenging management problems impacting society.
The community expands beyond Questrom, into Boston, the city we call home. With it’s top universities, leading research centers, and brilliant business minds, you won’t find a better city to be a scholar.
Our PhD business program has seven academic disciplines including a specialization in Mathematical Finance. Our PhD community is small, we seek candidates who will thrive in an open environment where collaboration and collegiality are key.
At Graduate Admissions when we review applicants we consider analytical skills, GMAT and GRE scores, academic background, and research fit—we want to ensure that your research goals are a good match with our faculty, who provide exceptional support and expertise. Our aim is to create a class of diverse and dedicated researchers. PhD candidates at Questrom come from a variety of impressive backgrounds, not just in academics, but in culture, life experience, and professional work.
We want to get to know you better through your application, beyond the numbers. Ready to take the next step? We encourage applicants from all backgrounds—not just business—to apply to Questrom. We look forward to hearing from you!
Questrom PhD Programs Application Form
- When you’re ready, start with our online application form.
- You may submit one application per entry term, and you can check the status of an existing application at any time.
- Review the admissions checklist to stay on top of required materials, and keep an eye on our deadlines, too.
- Feel free to contact us with any questions along the way. We want the admissions process to be as simple and transparent as possible.
|Entry Date:||Completed Application Received By:||Admission Decision Sent By:||Tuition Deposit Deadline:|
|August 2019||January 9||April 5||April 16|
We welcome your re-application. The Graduate Admissions Office keeps all records on file for one year. Re-applicants must submit:
- a new application form and fee ($125)
- an essay discussing updates or changes since the time of the previous application
- reasons for re-applying
- an updated resume
- a new letter of recommendation
- official university-level transcripts (if the re-applicant has taken new coursework since the time of their first application)
- updated GMAT or GRE results (if applicable)
Application Fee Waiver Eligibility
The Graduate Admissions Office will waive the application fee for current BU employees, as well as those who are members or alumni of the following programs:
- The US Military
- Management Leadership for Tomorrow MBA Fellows
- The Peace Corps
- Teach for America
- City Year Corps
- Education Pioneers
- PhD Project conference attendees
Once your application is ready for submission you are can apply for a waiver. At that time:
- DO NOT click “submit and pay for programs.”
- INSTEAD please email your name and CAS ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org (for PhD program) or email@example.com (for PhD in Mathematical Finance) stating that you are eligible for an application fee waiver.
- We will process your request and send you a follow-up email with additional instructions to submit your application.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, your application fee waiver may take a few business days to process.
- If you submit this request before or on one of our application deadlines but do not receive a confirmation from us that same day, your application will still be considered on time for the deadline to which you applied.