BU’s Custom Executive Education Programs Ranked 2nd Nationally, 5th Globally by Financial Times

in Press Release, Rankings, School
May 15th, 2012

Boston University’s Custom Executive Education Programs placed 2nd nationally and 5th globally in the 2012 Financial Times ranking of Executive Education Programs, the highest placement in the School’s history.  Boston University’s Executive Education Programs are housed in the Executive Leadership Center at the School of Management.

Boston University placed in the top 5 globally in eight of ten subcategories, including Aims Achieved and Value for Money, within a corporate survey of executive education users. The School placed 2nd globally for both Future Use and Teaching Methods & Materials. This survey accounted for 80 percent of the ranking, with the remaining 20 percent determined by school-provided data.

In addition to the strong customized ranking, Boston University’s Open Enrollment Executive Education Programs placed 14th nationally. Schools ranked in both categories (open and custom programs) are placed on the Financial Times list of “Top 50 Executive Education Schools.”

“Our unique approach to executive education combines the very best of the School of Management’s research and teaching faculty in a city that cultivates innovation and academic excellence,” said Elizabeth Nassar, Director of Executive Programs at Boston University. “Our custom programs are designed to meet the specific needs of each and every client and use a variety of teaching methods to create immediate applicability. The use of technology in the classroom offers the ability to access internal and external resources on behalf of our clients. We are so pleased that our clients and Financial Times have acknowledged the value of this approach.”

“We’re thrilled that Boston University’s Executive Education Programs continue to receive increasingly favorable recognition,” said Kenneth W. Freeman, Allen Questrom Professor and Dean of the School of Management. “As the School implements a bold strategic plan pursuing excellence in three industry sectors–healthcare, digital technology, and energy and the environment–we will continue to develop custom curricula that bring value to our participants by addressing the dynamic business environment.”

Companies throughout the world partner with Boston University’s Executive Leadership Center to create custom executive education programs designed to help directly improve the skills of executives, managers, and future leaders. The world-class staff and faculty work with corporate leaders to craft a unique program that suits each client’s needs.


Media Contact:
Adriane Dean
Marketing & Communications Manager
Boston University School of Management
Direct: 617-358-0234