Groundbreaking MSIM Program’s 10th Anniversary and Conference
Marking Milestone with Day of Panels, Presentations, and Networking
Scott Stewart on the graduation of the 10th MSIM class.
Watch faculty director Scott Stewart speak at the graduation of the 10th MSIM class.
On June 19, 2010, Boston University’s groundbreaking MS in Investment Management (MSIM) Program celebrated its 10th anniversary with a day-long conference devoted to today’s markets, drawing a group of almost 100 senior investment professionals and School of Management alumni.
“BU invented MSIM. Our approach provides advanced training in the theory and application of investment techniques and is now a model for high-level investment education.”
-Scott Stewart, Faculty Director, MSIM Program; Board Member, Boston Security Analysts Society
Among the milestones recognized was MSIM’s status as the first graduate program in the nation to be named a CFA Program Partner, providing students with unique preparation and the background necessary for the CFA® exams.
The conference included:
- A keynote presentation on “The Present and Future of Fixed Income: From Investment Grade to Emerging Market Debt,” by Bill Nemerever, CFA, Co-Manager of Global Fixed Income at GMO.In his talk, Nemerever, whose firm GMO manages more than $100 billion, provided a survey of fixed income management over the past 40 years, as well as insights into the current sovereign debt crisis. He noted that monetary unity without political unity has led to the Greek financial crisis, urging that we should be most concerned not necessarily by Greece’s problems, but by the risks it can spread.
- MSIM Advisory Board “Mini-Case” discussions on institutional, private wealth, and hedge fund management.
- Research presentations on manager selection techniques, optimal asset allocation amongst alternative investments, and key determinants of successful education in investment management.
- A review of the topic “The Business Environment for Boston’s Financial Services Industry” with Jim Klocke, Executive Vice President of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
- MSIM alumni career panels on fixed income, equities, and alternatives investing.
- Networking activities.
Thank you to FactSet for sponsoring this event!
Learn more about the MSIM program in the podcast Benefits and Features of Our MS in Investment Management Program.