Allison Lawton, SVP, Genzyme, on the major drivers of transparency in the pharmaceutical industry
Allison Lawton, Senior Vice President of Regulatory Affairs at Public Policy at Genzyme Corporation, reviews the importance of drug safety concerns as a catalyst for transparency in biopharma.
She then gives a glimpse, from the perspective of someone within the pharmaceutical industry, into the challenges of meeting the public demand for increased—yet objective and useful—information. Lawton also discusses the changes future leaders in the health and medical sectors will have to make to both meet the challenges, and reap the benefits, of greater transparency.
- The Health Sector MBA Curriculum
- Health Sector Management Degrees at the School of Management
- The Transparency Tipping Point: Business trends, care implications, and innovation in the health sector
- Paul Levy, CEO, Beth Israel Deaconess, on transparency in the medical center setting
- Jerry Steinberg, Senior Medical Director and Chief Quality Officer, Cambridge Health Alliance
- Roberta Clarke on deception, transparency, and the responsibility of the medical consumer