Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 to promote excellence in scholarship and further the science of psychology. There are over 1,000 chapters of Psi Chi at senior colleges and universities in the USA and Canada; BU’s chapter was founded on April 10, 1953. The National Psi Chi Office is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and is run by elected psychologists who are also Psi Chi members. Psi Chi provides academic recognition to its members and offers an atmosphere compatible with creative development.
Visit the International Website.
Requirements for Membership
- Must be a GRS or CAS Psychology Major or Minor
- Successful completion of 3 semesters for undergraduates or 1 semester for graduate students
- Completion of a minimum of 3 psychology courses
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.3
- A minimum psychology major GPA of 3.0
Application deadline for 2016-17 academic year is February 28, 2017.
Benefits of Membership
- Contacts and references
- Résumé building
- Opportunities are available for members to promote research, receive recognition, and meet with leaders in their field
For a full list of member benefits, please see the International Website.
- Albert Bandura
- Elizabeth Loftus
- B. F. Skinner
- Philip Zimbardo
- Many others!
Executive Board 2016-2017
- President: Kylie Steinhilber
- Vice President: Olivia Clause
- Secretary: Saira Malhotra
- Treasurer: Jenny Huynh
- Public Relations Coordinator: Chloe Schwartz
Advisor: Dr. Joanne Hebden Palfai
Psi Chi Location
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
64 Cummington Mall