- Title Professor Emeritus
- Education PhD, Boston University
I am interested in various topics in behavioral medicine that can be studied in either humans or animals within a general framework of operant conditioning, psychoimmunology, and fatty acid biochemistry. Currently active research is concentrated on:
- the role of restraint induced stress on inflammatory markers and its modification by fatty acid supplementation
- supplementation of immune enhanced diet for Alzheimer patients.
- Mostofsky, D.I., Rabinovitz,S., and Yehuda, S. (2004). The use of fatty acid supplementation in seizure management. Neurobiology of Lipids. 3 (4), pp 17-25.
- Yehuda, S., Rabinovitz, S., and Mostofsky, D.I., (2005). Essential fatty acids and cognition. In: B Vellas and L.J. Fitten, (Eds.) Nutrition, Cognitive Decline, and Alzheimer’s Disease (pp. 82-86). Springer: Paris.
- Mostofsky, D.I. and Yehuda, S. (2005). The use of fatty acids in the diet for seizure management. In: O. Devinsky, S. Schachter, and S. Pacia, (Eds). Complementary and Alternative Therapies for Epilepsy. (pp 205-218). Demos Medical Publishing: N.Y.
- Yehuda, S. and Mostofsky, D.I. (Eds). (2005) Nutrients, Stress, and Medical Disorders. Humana Press: Totowa, N.J.
- Mostofsky, D.I., Forgione, A. G., and Giddon, D.B. (Eds). (2005). Behavioral Dentistry. Blackwell Munksgaard Publishers.