Stefan G. Hofmann, PhD
- PhD, University of Marburg
- Director: Psychotherapy & Emotion Research Laboratory
- Director: Generalized Anxiety Treatment Evaluation (GATE) Study
Dr. Stefan G. Hofmann is a Professor in the clinical program where he directs the Psychotherapy and Emotion Research Laboratory. His main research questions include the following:
- Why are psychological treatments, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, effective for anxiety disorders? What is the mechanism of treatment change, and what are the active ingredients? How can these treatments be improved further?
- How can we translate knowledge from basic neuroscience into clinical techniques to enhance therapies for anxiety disorders?
- What are the culture-specific expressions of mental disorders, and how can psychological treatments be made more culturally sensitive in order to enhance their efficacy, dissemination, and acceptability?
- What are the effects of emotion regulation strategies on anxiety and subjective well-being?
- What is the psychopathology of social phobia (social anxiety disorder)? Are there any meaningful subgroups?
For more information about Dr. Hofmann’s publications and current research, please visit his lab website.
|Office Phone:||(617) 353-9233|
|Websites:||Psychotherapy and Emotion Research Laboratory
Treatment for Social Anxiety Disorder at Boston University
Generalized Anxiety Treatment Evaluation Study