Change of Title/Change of Status

The Change of Title/Change of Status form is to be used for faculty who are recommended for:

  • A rank change: Use the form for a rank changes such as a change from a full-time to a part-time rank (ie. PROF to AJPROF). Promotion actions for faculty with clinical and of the practice ranks will also be submitted on this form. Often, a “change of title” also results in a “change of status.” Thus, it would not be unusual for both changes to be indicated.
  • A change of status: A typical change of status would be a change in a faculty member’s percent time. A change in tenure track status (i.e., from a non-tenure track to a tenure-track appointment) might require initial appointment paperwork.

Please Note: For promotions dealing with ranks no longer requiring Provost approval, rank change paperwork must still be submitted to the Provost office for review of salary changes. All full-time faculty increase recommendations should also be made in the context of the Faculty Salary Review Process.

Final Approval Authority

Provost: Change to/from tenure track, Change from part-time to full-time, Promotions for Clinical and of the Practice faculty
Dean*: Full-time to part-time, changes to ranks not requiring Provost approval

*Provost approval is required for any salary or course-rate increases.

Required Paperwork for Provost Approval

For changes to/from tenure track or changes from part-time to full-time

For Clinical or “of the Practice” Promotions

  • If school/college’s internal process includes other requirements (e.g. APT reports), please include these materials in the dossier for Provost review:
    • Part I—Unit Actions: (DOC)
    • Part II—Candidate’s Curriculum Vitae: (DOC)
      • Supporting Materials
    • Part III—Chair’s Report: (DOC)
    • Part IV—APT Committee Report: (DOC)
    • Part V—Dean’s Report: (DOC)

Please email PDFs or send hard copies of paperwork to Ellen Latsko (, 1 Silber Way – 8th Floor). You may contact her at 8-1683 with any questions or to check the status of paperwork.