Announcement of the Search Advisory Committee for the Dean of the BU School of Public Health
From Dr. Jean Morrison, University Provost and Chief Academic Officer
and Dr. Karen Antman, Provost of the Medical Campus and Dean of the BU School of Medicine
We are pleased to announce the membership for the Search Advisory Committee for the Dean of the Boston University School of Public Health (SPH):
- Brian Jack, Professor and Chair, Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine (Chair)
- Irving Bigio, Professor, Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- Kenneth Freeman, Allen Questrom Professor and Dean, School of Management
- Paula Friedman, Professor, Department of General Dentistry, Henry S. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- Alan Jette, Professor, Department of Health Policy & Management, School of Public Health
- Michael McClean, Associate Professor, Department of Environmental Health, School of Public Health
- Betty Ruth, Clinical Professor of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, School of Social Work
- Lisa Sullivan, Professor and Chair, Department of Biostatistics and Associate Dean for Education, School of Public Health
We thank the BU Faculty Council and the SPH Faculty Council for their election of members to serve on this critical panel. We also thank, in advance, the members of the Search Advisory Committee for their service, and give special acknowledgement to Professor Brian Jack who has agreed to serve as Chair.
The selection of a new dean is among the most important decisions we make. The SPH Dean Search Advisory Committee will immediately begin its work of soliciting nominations, recruiting outstanding candidates, evaluating the qualifications and strengths of nominees and applicants, and consulting with the relevant stakeholders. We look forward to receiving its recommendations of 3-5 qualified candidates by June 15, 2014 for final selection by President Brown and approval by the Board of Trustees.