Announcement of the Search Advisory Committee for the Dean of the College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College
From Dr. Jean Morrison, University Provost and Chief Academic Officer
I am pleased to announce the membership for the Search Advisory Committee for the Dean of the College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College:
- David Barlow, Professor, Department of Psychology, CAS – Chair
- Timothy Barbari, Associate Provost for Graduate Affairs, and Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, ENG
- Sara Brown, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training, SAR
- Yvette Cozier, Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology, SPH
- Janelle Heineke, Professor and Chair, Department of Operations and Technology Management, SMG
- Karen Jacobs, Clinical Professor, Department of Occupational Therapy, SAR
- Swathi Kiran, Associate Professor, Department of Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences, SAR
- Kenneth Lutchen, Dean, College of Engineering, and Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, ENG
I want to thank the BU Faculty Council and the Sargent College Faculty Council for their efforts in electing members to serve on the committee. I also want to thank the members of the committee for their service and give special acknowledgement to Professor David Barlow who has agreed to serve as Chair.
As I outlined in my memo of September 3, the selection of a new dean is among the most important decisions we make. The Sargent College Dean Search Advisory Committee will immediately begin its work of soliciting nominations, recruiting outstanding candidates, assessing the qualifications and strengths of nominees and applicants, and consulting with the relevant stakeholders. I look forward to receiving its recommendations of 3-5 qualified candidates by April 4, 2014 for final selection by President Brown and approval by the Board of Trustees.