ATTENTION PROSPECTIVE JUNIORS/SENIORS:
APPLY HERE to be a PEER LEADER
Attention Prospective Juniors/Seniors:
PEER LEADER POSITIONS
Peer Leaders provide academic and social leadership for the WISE@Warren floor. Each Peer Leader is trained as a study facilitator and facilitates 6 hours of group study each week in her discipline. In addition, each Peer Leader is responsible for helping to plan and implement one Tuesday night FY101 class meeting each semester. Peer Leaders are also assigned to ~5 incoming freshmen on the floor and serve as a mentor to them. In return, Peer Leaders live in a single room for the price of a double, a benefit valued in excess of $2000/year.
- Female majoring in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) disciplines who will be a junior or senior in September;
- Must be enrolled at BU for the entire academic year;
Limited to students who have already made their housing guaranty payment of 2012-2013 (If you already have a room assignment and are selected for this position, housing will arrange to change your assignment).
- Mentor incoming freshmen (approximately 7-8 students) by helping to orient them to BU in the fall and by monitoring their progress over the year!
- Provide six hours per week of study facilitation sessions in your discipline
- Help to organize one Tuesday evening FY101 class meeting per semester
- Foster a collaborative and supportive climate on the floor
- Assignment to a single room for the price of a double—a benefit worth more than $2000!
- Interaction with faculty members outside of class
- Access to information about career and research opportunities
- Make study connections with peers
Click here to apply online for the Peer Leader position. Please apply no later than April 16, 2013.
For more information, contact:
Ms. Kristal Sullivan, WISE@Warren Advisor
email@example.com | 435.668.8504