- May 30 - August 5, 2011 (ten weeks)
- Director - Professor John K. Snyder
- Coordinator - Ms. Katinka I. Csigi
- $4,400 Stipend
- Conducting interdisciplinary research at the interface of chemistry/biology/physics
- Training on state-of-the-art instrumentation
- Guidance in presentation/communication/resume-writing skills
- Presentation of work at a University-wide research symposium at the end of the summer research session
- Weekly science seminars and laboratory group meetings
- Participants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents who are enrolled in Boston-area Community Colleges
- Graduation in Spring 2011 is acceptable
- Participation by members of underrepresented minority groups (African-Americans, Hispanics, and Native Americans) is encouraged
- Complete the online application with your contact information (address, phone number, and e-mail).
- Send an unofficial transcript (by mail or e-mail attachment to the contact information provided).
- Send a list of current classes.
- Provide a brief description (one page max) stating your general interests in science, current thoughts on career goals if any have been formulated, and your general area of research interest . You may also list up to 5 research advisors you would be interested in working with, though this isn't necessary.
- Send two letters of recommendation (again directly by mail or as e-mail attachments).