We will accept applications from November 1, 2016 – January 17, 2017
Required application documents:
1. PGO-BU Online Application
2. Common Application and Transcript
- Complete the Project GO-BU Online Application and upload your Common Application and transcript
3. Confidential Instructor Letter of Recommendation
- First-year applicants: Letter of Recommendation from a current college instructor in any subject except English or Military Science.
- Second-year or above applicants: Letter of Recommendation from a current college language instructor.
4. Confidential ROTC Commander Letter of Recommendation
All letters of recommendation MUST be sent by the author via e-mail to: Project GO-BU Administrator, email@example.com
Please read the information below CAREFULLY before submitting an application.
What level of language should I apply to?
Project GO uses the following system to classify the courses. Note that it differs from most university course names — second-year study is “Beginner II,” for example.
- Year 1 – first and second semesters (no prior experience required)
- Year 2 – third and fourth semesters
- Year 3 – fifth and sixth semesters
- Year 4 – seventh and eight semesters
- Year 5 – ninth and tenth semesters
- Year 6 – eleventh and twelfth semesters
Please note that Project GO does NOT support repeating a level of a language that you have previously studied.
Please do NOT directly apply to either the Boston University Summer Term or BU Study Abroad for any of the programs sponsored by Project GO-BU unless you are first awarded a scholarship by us. Acceptance into either the Summer Term courses or the Study Abroad programs does NOT increase your chances of being awarded a scholarship. If you receive a Project GO-BU scholarship, there will be time to apply to these programs afterward.
If you plan to apply for a study abroad scholarship, begin preparations to obtain or renew your passport now. If you wait until you are awarded a scholarship, it may be too late.
- If you already have a passport, check the expiration date and renew it if necessary. Passports must be valid through the duration of 2017.
- You can find more information about how to apply for a passport here: Travel.State.Gov