The prehealth advisors in the Pre-Professional Advising Office are available to provide comprehensive guidance to Boston University undergraduates and alumni from our undergraduate schools and colleges who aspire to enter careers in a broad range of health-related professions including medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physician assistant, nursing, optometry, podiatry, and other fields.
Advisors are available to discuss a wide range of topics so that our students and alumni can make informed decisions about their future path. We encourage prehealth students to schedule a meeting with an advisor each semester to receive ongoing feedback about the manner in which they are developing their academic and non-academic portfolios for application to health professions schools. During appointments, topics of discussion may include:
- Completing the academic prerequisites of health professions schools
- Taking advantage of opportunities at Boston University and in the city of Boston, including clinical experiences, volunteer activities, internships, research, and study abroad
- Exploring summer opportunities and enrichment programs
- Preparing for standardized tests
- Requesting letters of recommendation
- Navigating the application process