The single most important core value of the Boston University community is ethical conduct in all we do. The University is committed to dealing with others honestly and in good faith and avoiding conflicts of interest and commitment, both in fact and in appearance. Here you will find the policies that specify the commitment to ethical behavior expected of all members of our community.
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Commitment to Ethical Conduct, President’s Statement of
- Conflict of Interest Policy
Outside Activities and Gifts
- Engagement of Professional Services Policy
- External Professional Activity
- Gift Policy and Crediting Manual
- Lobbying Guidelines
- Solicitation and Acceptance of Personal Gifts and Relationships with Vendors Policy
- BUSM: Policy for Interactions with Industry by Faculty/Clinicians at the Boston University School of Medicine (applicable to BUSM only)
Ethics and Athletics
- Athletics Institutional Control and Responsibility Policy
- Reporting Potential and Alleged NCAA Rules Violations Policy
- Trustee Interaction with Prospective and Enrolled Student-Athletes Policy
Boston University is governed by the Board of Trustees, which provides oversight of and has fiduciary responsibility for the University’s academic, financial, and business affairs.