Meet the new qPCR plate spinner: This is a commonly used lab hack...
Meet the new qPCR plate spinner:
This is a commonly used lab hack where a salad spinner is repurposed into a gentle centrifuge for plates prior to qPCR.
- Place your plate flat on the bottom of the green basket to one side of the dimple(1)
- Place the lid on
- Hold down the top (Don’t press the brake)(2)
- Pull the cord all the way out with a steady motion
- Repeat about 4 more times
- Do not brake, let the drum stop spinning on its own.
- Open the top carefully
- Your plate will be up against the side wall with all of the liquid at the bottom of the wells
If you have trouble or questions: blute@ bu.edu
IF YOU would prefer to use a conventional centrifuge, there is one in LSEB 344 on the left most lane of benches. It has the plate holders. You will need to bring a blank for balancing as there is not one there yet.
Due to a hard disk failure, all of the passwords have been reset. Please login as your lab with password abc123. Change your password to what it used to be, or something new but share it with all of your lab.