Introduction to R (Hands-on)
R is the most powerful, rapidly developing, highly reliable, open source
statistical language. It is widely used among statisticians for the development of statistical software and for data analysis. New features appear every few months.
- atomic types, variable rules and built-in constants
- scalar and vector function overview
- working with data (workspace setup as well as reading, creating, exploring, and saving data)
- working with R data types (vectors, matrices, lists, data frames)
- working with script files
- installing and loading R extension packages and getting help
- overview of functions for data analysis
- know the basics of the R environment.
- get a solid understanding of various data types and objects used in R.
- be able to create, load and analyze data.
- find appropriate functions and get necessary help and examples for these functions.
If you try to sign up for this tutorial and find that it is full, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accomodate you.