BUworks: Funds Management Reporting (Intro)
Funds Management Business Warehouse Reports (Basic)
Course type: Hands-on lab; participants will use their own data in the production environment
Course level: Introductory
Expected duration: 2.5 hours
Description: We will explore the basics of Business Warehouse reporting (sorting/grouping, filtering, saving a view, etc.) in the context of Funds Management (FM) reports. Reports examined will be drawn from the New FM Account Summary area. We will focus on the Unrestricted Budget to Actual by Funds Center report suite, which provides views of budget and actual (revenue and expense) data from the summary level to the line item detail level. The Designated/Restricted fund report suite will also be considered.
Target Audience: (1) employees who are reasonably new to the University or to their business role; (2) department administrators charged with monitoring budgets and actuals (revenues and expenses) who want to review FM reporting basics.
1. Confirmation from employee’s manager that this course is appropriate to employee’s business role.
2. At least minimal experience using SAP in their current business role(s). It is not necessary to have used a Business Warehouse report.
3. Confirm that you have access to the FM reporting area:
- Go to BUworks Central, click on Reporting, then Accounting (FI), and then New FM Account Summary Reports. Click on the first report in the list, Unrestricted Budget to Actual by Funds Center (FC). A Variable Entry screen should be displayed. If so, you have the proper access. Cancel the operation by closing the browser window or tab in which the screen was displayed.
- If the Variable Entry screen was not displayed or you were not able to see one of the folders listed in the path to this report, please work with your manager and Data Security Administrator (DSA) to secure the permissions necessary to allow you to run Funds Management reports.
4. Please review the following 3-minute videos before you attend: