BUworks: Payroll Reports (Basic)
Payroll Business Warehouse Reports
Course type: Hands-on lab; participants will use their own data in the production environment
Course level: Introductory
Expected duration: 2 hours
Description: We will explore the basics of Business Warehouse reporting (sorting/grouping, filtering, saving a view, etc.) in the context of employee labor distribution. We will investigate payroll by Organizational Unit and by Funds Center, which will allow us to view payments to students and employees beyond the Organizational Unit boundary. Reports examined will include the Labor distributions Payroll Inquiry by Employee (PA15) report and the Labor Distributions: Funds Center report.
Target Audience: (1) employees who are reasonably new to the University or to their business role; (2) payroll coordinators or managers who want to review Payroll reporting basics.
1. Confirmation from employee’s manager that this course is appropriate to employee’s business role.
2. At least minimal experience using SAP in their current business role(s). It is not necessary to have used a Business Warehouse (BW) report.
3. Confirm that you have access to the Payroll reporting area:
- Go to BUworks Central, click on Reporting, then Human Capital Management (HCM), and then Personnel Administration. Click on the report Labor distributions Payroll Inquiry by Employee (PA15). A Variable Entry screen should be displayed. If so, you have the proper access. Cancel the operation by closing the browser window or tab in which the screen was displayed.
- If the Variable Entry screen was not displayed or you were not able to see one of the folders listed in the path to this report, please work with your manager and Data Security Administrator (DSA) to secure the permissions necessary to allow you to run Payroll reports.
4. Please review the following 3-minute videos before you attend: