Generations at Work
As a child did you listen to the radio, watch a black and white, a color, or plasma TV or watch shows on your computer? Did you listen to the music of Billie Holiday, The Beatles, Madonna or Beyonce? Our life experiences define our generation. Veterans. Baby Boomers. Generation X. Millennial. The work place today is comprised of individuals from each generation and each generation brings to the work place its unique values, ideas, methods of communication and life experiences. In this interactive program, we will review the four distinct generations, review each generations behavioral and work characteristics and discuss methods and strategies to incorporate the benefits of working in a multigenerational work place into good management practice.
What you will learn:
- The major elements and shared experiences which help define a generation
- Characteristics of the four generations: Veterans. Baby Boomers. Generation X. Millennial.
- The work and styles of the four generations
- The communication and technical skills of each generation
- Practical applications for managing a diverse generational workforce
- An appreciation and understanding of the diversity of a multigenerational work place
Who Should Attend:
- Staff who are interested in understanding more about their own generation
- Staff interested in the benefits of working in a diverse generational work place
- Managers who want to leverage the benefits of managing a multigenerational workforce