Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): an Overview
This workshop will present an overview of the federal law (FERPA) that regulates the release of, and access to, student information at Boston University.
What You Will Learn:
- Who should have access to student information
- Does a student have the right to access his/her own information?
- What student information can I communicate to others?
- What is Directory Information?
- Can I communicate with Parents? With student consent or without student consent?
Who Should Attend:
- Parents, other departments and the general public
Richard Rook, University Registrar
Thursday, April 25, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Charles River Campus - Human Resources Training Room, room 244 (25 Buick Street, Second Floor)