Safe Travels, Everyone: Safety Planning and Resources for International Travelers
International travel is not just something we do for fun—it’s fundamental to the strategic vision of the University. And travel safety is something all members of the BU community should take seriously, especially those conducting research and leading activities overseas. This workshop introduces participants to BU Global Programs and to the many resources available to them as they plan international activities, whether a simple journey to a professional meeting or the establishment of a permanent program.
What You Will Learn:
- The basic steps to take to plan safe travel
- How to use Global Programs tools to evaluate and manage risk at your destination
- How to insure that you’re properly insured
- How to learn about export controls and other travel restrictions
- Who can help you if something goes wrong.
Who Should Attend:
- Faculty members leading (or thinking about leading) groups of students, faculty or staff on overseas activities
- Independent researchers and other travelers
- Departmental administrators who oversee travel
- Chaperones for student activities