BUworks: Grants Management Reporting for Administrators (Basic)
Grants Management Business Warehouse Reports (for Administrators)
Course type: Hands-on lab; participants will use their own data in the production environment
Course level: Introductory
Expected duration: 3 hours
Description: We will explore the basics of Business Warehouse reporting (sorting/grouping, filtering, saving a view, etc.) in the context of Grants Management (GM). Reports examined will include the GM Budget vs Actuals report and the Faculty GM reports. We will explore budget and actual (revenues and expenses) activity at the grant, sponsored program, sponsored class, and G/L account levels.
Target Audience: (1) employees who are reasonably new to the University or to their business role; (2) departmental grant administrators who want to review Grant Management reporting basics.
- Confirmation from employee’s manager that this course is appropriate to employee’s business role.
- At least minimal experience using SAP in their current business role(s). It is not necessary to have used a Business Warehouse (BW) report.
- Confirm that you have access to the GM reporting area:
- Go to BUworks Central, click on Reporting, then Accounting (FI), and then Grants Management (Distributed) Reports. Click on the first report in the list, Budget vs. Actuals. A Variable Entry screen should be displayed. If so, you have the proper access. Cancel the operation by closing the browser window or tab in which the screen was displayed.
- If the Variable Entry screen was not displayed or you were not able to see one of the folders listed in the path to this report, please work with your manager and Data Security Administrator (DSA) to secure the permissions necessary to allow you to run Grants Management reports.
- Please review the following 3-minute videos before you attend: