BUworks: Funds Reservation (BUMC)
Course type: Hands-on lab
Course level: Basic
Description: We will explore the use of Funds Reservations to manage reported available funds balances in SAP and BW Reporting. Fund reservations transactions provide a manual method to commit the known expenses throughout your budget year or internal order duration to better reflect the true available amount. The lab will cover the following:
- Calculate Salary Amounts for Funds Reservations
- Create a Funds Reservation
- Change a Funds Reservation
- Reduce / Close a Funds Reservation
- Display Earmarked Funds Journal
- Generate BW Funds Management Reports to review funds reservations
- Discuss additional Funds Management Transactions
Target Audience: departmental administrators with budget or grant responsibilities.
- Confirmation from employee’s manager that this course is appropriate to employee’s business role.
- At least minimal experience both using SAP in their current business role(s) and running Business Warehouse (BW) reports.
- Please review the following before you attend:
- Process Guide: Manual Funds Reservations: http://www.bu.edu/buworks/help/process-guides.html#guides/video/intro-bw-reporting/index.html
- Introduction to BW Reporting- http://www.bu.edu/buworks/help/process-guides.html#guides/video/intro-bw-reporting/index.html
- Working with BW reports - http://www.bu.edu/buworks/help/process-guides.html#guides/video/working-bw-reports/index.html