BUworks: SRM Reporting for Shoppers and Approvers (Intro)
Course type: Hands-on lab; participants will use their own data in the production environment
Course level: Introductory
Expected duration: 2.5 hours
Description: We will explore the basics of Business Warehouse reporting (sorting/grouping, filtering, saving a view, etc.) in the context of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM). We will use SRM reports to monitor and investigate purchasing activity that includes shopping carts, purchase orders, vendor invoices, order status, etc. Our exploration will include the Boston University Spend (BUS), Order Tracking, and Purchasing Document Lifecycle reports.
Target Audience: (1) employees who are reasonably new to the University or to their shopping role; (2) departmental managers or administrators who want to review SRM reporting basics.
1. Confirm with your manager that this lab is appropriate to your business role.
2. Confirm that you have access to the SRM reporting area:
- Go to BUworks Central, click on Reporting, then click on the Supplier Relationship Management (Distributed) folder. Click on the first report in the list, Boston University Spend (BUS). A Variable Entry screen should be displayed. If so, you have the proper access. Cancel the operation by closing the browser window or tab in which the screen was displayed.
- If the Variable Entry screen was not displayed or you were not able to see one of the folders listed in the path to this report, please work with your manager and Data Security Administrator (DSA) to secure the permissions necessary to allow you to run Supplier Relationship Management reports.
3. Please review the following 3-minute videos before you attend: