BUMC - Payroll Reports Basic
Course type: Hands-on lab; participants will use their own data in the production environment
Course level: Basic
Description: We will explore the basics of Business Warehouse reporting (sorting/grouping, filtering, saving a view, etc.) in the context of employee labor distribution. We will investigate payroll by Organizational Unit and by Funds Center, which will allow us to view payments to students and employees beyond the Organizational Unit boundary. Reports examined will include the Labor distributions Payroll Inquiry by Employee (PA15) report and the Labor Distributions: Funds Center report.
Target Audience: (1) employees who are reasonably new to the University or to their business role; (2) payroll coordinators or managers who want to review Payroll reporting basics.
- Confirmation from employee’s manager that this course is appropriate to employee’s business role.
- At least minimal experience using SAP in their current business role(s). It is not necessary to have used a Business Warehouse (BW) report.
- Please review the following 3-minute videos before you attend:
- Introduction to BW Reporting- http://www.bu.edu/buworks/help/process-guides.html#guides/video/intro-bw-reporting/index.html
- Working with BW reports - http://www.bu.edu/buworks/help/process-guides.html#guides/video/working-bw-reports/index.html