Programming in R (Hands-on)
This tutorial is the third in a series of R tutorials. It introduces basic R programming, debugging and optimization techniques and develops practices of proper and efficient R coding. It covers the following topics:
- if-else and switch statements
- types of loops (for, while, repeat) and loop control statements (next, break)
- user functions and argument definitions
- local and global variables
- apply function family
- sourcing, timing, compilation and debugging
- code profiling and optimization
Prerequisite: We strongly recommend that you also register for the “Introduction to R” tutorial if you are new to the R environment.
If you try to sign up for this tutorial and find that it is full, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accomodate you.