The Photographic Resource Center: More Than Just A Gallery/A Creative Exercise in Looking
During this one hour program, participants will receive a guided tour of the PRC's gallery and library, learn more about the organization, and view the current exhibition "PRC 2013 Student Exhibition." Participants will have the opportunity to see the work of the creative talents of tomorrow on display today, from 18 different photography programs around Boston. They will also engage in a lively discussion of the photographs and walk away with a new understanding of how to talk about art. For more information about this exhibition, please visit: http://www.bu.edu/prc/exhibit/exhibit2013_studentshow.htm.
What You Will Learn:
- A basic knowledge of the PRC, who we are, what we do, what we offer
- A new appreciation for photography
- Increased communication skills and confidence in discussing art
- Increased observation skills
- A refreshing, cultural mental break from the work day
Who Should Attend:
Any staff or faculty member who has an interest in the arts, photography, or a general appreciation of culture. All are welcome!