BUworks: Journal Entry Lab
Journal Entry Lab
Course type: Hands-on lab; where participants will log in as themselves and use their own data in the production (live) environment
Course level: Basic
Expected duration: 2 hours
Description: We will explore how to create, change, and use Journal Entries as part of the process to manage the accuracy of expenses charged to your cost objects. The lab will cover the following:
• Create and Park Journal Entry
• Add Attachments to Journal Entry
• Display Document
• Create an Assignment Template
• Change Parked Document
• Execute relevant reports
• Learn about WebGUI’s helpful tools (Favorites, Exporting files, Services for Object, e.g)
1. Confirmed with your Manager and/or Supervisor that this course is appropriate to your business role.
2. Must have the Department Submitter Role (E.FI.Department_Submitter Role).
- This role will allow access to the WebGUI transactions which will be covered.
3. Knowledge of how to navigate in the BUworks Central Portal.
4. Knowledge of how to navigate in WebGUI/ECC systems.
It is recommended that you review all BUworks Online Help documents listed below on the links, before you attend the lab.
How to use BUworks Central Portal
How to Navigate WebGUI
How to Create Park and Post Journal Entries
Process Guide: Journal Entries