Mental Health Certificate Program
Enrich your understanding of the major mental health conditions and substance abuse concerns facing older adults. This Certificate provides social workers and other health and social service practitioners with the information and training they need to work with older adults who have cognitive and behavioral health concerns. Topics include dementia, depression, suicide prevention, and substance use and abuse.
The required courses are:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias
- Compulsive Hoarding in Older Adults
- Mental Health and Aging Issues
- Suicide Prevention Among Older Adults
- Treatment Approach for Advanced Substance Use