- Program Director
- Steve Cremer, Regional Director
- Contact Person
- Sarah Silva
- (617) 353-6447
- Mailing Address
- Boston University
College of Engineering
Undergraduate Programs Room 107
44 Cummington Street
Boston MA 02215
- Program URL
High school students come to Boston University to compete for BU scholarships in a day-long vehicle design competition.
|Participating School Districts||
|Participating BU Schools and Colleges||
|Additional Information||The Design Competition involves teams of two students, both of whom must be high school freshmen, sophomores, or juniors at the time of the competition. These students come to Boston University to compete for BU scholarships. In a day-long vehicle design competition, each team will design and build a vehicle that will, under its own power, perform a series of tasks while either descending or ascending a sloped ramp.
The following prizes will be awarded to the top performing teams:
• Both members of the first-place team will be awarded tuition scholarships to Boston University of $5,000 per year for four years.
• Both members of the second-place team will be awarded tuition scholarships to Boston University of $2,500 per year for four years.
• Both members of the third-place team will receive a $100 gift certificate redeemable at Barnes and Noble at Boston University.
• All finalists (top 16 teams) will receive a trophy recognizing their performance.
• Additional trophies will be given for Best Overall Design, Best Sportsman-Like Conduct and Best Performing Rookie Team.
All tuition awards are contingent upon application and admission to, and enrollment in, one of Boston University’s eleven undergraduate Schools and Colleges. Awards are available to high school freshman, sophomores, and juniors at the time of competition only.