COM's NSAC squad.
BU places fifth in national advertising competition
BU students placed fifth out of 19 finalists and more than 150 competing schools at the American Advertising Federation’s National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC) on June 10-12 in Orlando, Florida. This was the team’s first run at a national title.
State Farm Insurance sponsored the 2010 conference. The assignment: make State Farm important/relevant to young adults ages 18-25.
Fifteen of the 21 team members made the trip to Florida with Lindsay King (COM ’11), Karen Hamill (COM ’11), Angela Chen (COM ’12), Julianna Becker (COM ’12) and Darah Rifkin (COM ’10) as the national presenters.
“Our kids are on cloud nine and spent hours yesterday analyzing judges’ comments and planning a strategy for next year,” said John Verret, an associate professor of advertising and the team’s faculty adviser.
The winning COM team:
- Darah Rifkin (COM '10), Executive Director
- Katie Pyle (COM '10), Creative Director
- Angela Chen (COM '12), Presenter
- Karen Hamill (CAS '11), Presenter
- Lindsay King (COM '10), Presenter
- Lauren Looft (COM '11)
- Sarah Mosser (COM '10)
- Christine Warner (COM '12)
- Quentin Weil (COM '12)
- Carol Issa (COM '11), Account Director
- Kelsey Mason (COM '12), Account Director
- Liana Chan (COM '11)
- Genevieve Kim (COM '12)
- Yi Ying (Eva) Lee (SMG '12)
- Katherine Booth (SMG '10)
- Katelyn Stokes (COM '11), Media Director
- Kaylee Bates (SMG '12), Media Director
- Julianna Becker (CAS '12), Presenter
- Hyunyoung Choi (SMG '12)
- Thomas Noh (SMG '12)
- Dmitriy Karfagenskiy (COM '10), Technical Advisor
The final overall standings:
- Chapman University
- Texas State Univ.
- Wisconsin Univ.
- BOSTON UNIVERSITY
- Univ. of Virginia
- Florida State
- George Washington Univ.
- Ball State
- Univ. Oregon
- Univ. Nevada
- Art Center Design
- Marshall Univ.
- SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design)
- Univ. of Houston
- Chaminade Univ. of Hawaii