Publications in the Clothing category
Click on any of the publications below to find out more about them, or to purchase PDF copies.
- Clothing and Community: Children’s Agency in Senegal’s School for Sons of Chiefs and Interpreters, 1892–1910 IJAHS 47, , pp. 239—258 p. (2014)
- Fashioning a Modern Identity in Colonial Western Kenya: Struggles over Clothing in the Interwar Period, AH 35, , (2002)
- Who Wears the Pants? Christian Missions, Migrant Labor, and Clothing in Colonial Western Kenya, AH 23, , (1992)
- Western Clothing and African Identity: Changing Consumption Patterns Among the Luo, AH 2, , (1989)
- Patterns from Without, Meaning from Within: European-Style Military Dress and German Colonial Politics in the Bamum Kingdom (Cameroon), AH 1, , (1989)