Consideration for Careers in Trademark Law: A Panel Discussion for Students
An Informal, Free Program Open to All Law and Paralegal Students
INTA and trademark law practitioners invite you to a panel discussion designed specifically for law and paralegal students. These legal professionals will share their thoughts and offer advice about the numerous career opportunities in the field of trademark law. As this is an interactive panel discussion, questions from the audience are welcome.
The presentation will be followed by the Academic and Young Practitioner Happy Hour, a great opportunity to network with other students, professors and adjunct professors, young practitioners, members of the Academic Committee and INTA Staff.
Practitioners from law firms and corporations will answer questions such as:
• What are the best ways to enter the field of trademark law?
• How does one start a career in trademark law?
• What do I need in order to complete an application for a position in trademark law?
• What are the qualifications sought by law firms, trademark counsel or companies in recruiting attorneys?
• Is it easy to move from a law firm to a company, and vice versa?
• Jennifer Berner, IP Counsel, SAB Miller Group
• Michelle Ciotola, Associate, Cantor Colburn, LLP
• Kimberly Herman, Partner, Sullivan & Worcester LLP
• Judy McCool, Senior Counsel, Home Box Office, Inc.
• Kenneth Oh, Assistant General Counsel, Wal-Mart Stores
• Nerissa Coyle McGinn, Senior Counsel, Loeb &Loeb LLP
Attendance is limited so advanced registration is required. Please email INTA’s Senior Academic
Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in attending.
Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, 415 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210, Room: TBD