Join in an 8-session series, "Managing Your Work Search Process," designed to provide unemployed lawyers with information and support, in a challenging legal marketplace.
• Are you a lawyer between jobs?
• Are you dealing with a layoff?
Learn to successfully navigate a difficult job market. This series will provide strategies to help you optimize your professional strengths. Topics include tips on networking and information interviews, improving your marketability, how to utilize social media and resume and cover letter writing samples.
• Getting Started -- Identification of Skills, Experience and Professional Interests
• The Documents-- Resume, Cover Letters and Writing Samples
• Strategic Outreach -- Managing the Networking Process
• Strategic Outreach -- Use of Social Media in the Search Process
• Strategic Outreach -- The Personal Connection
• Personal Presentation -- Interviewing Skills
• Mental Self-Management -- Staying Positive, Proactive and Motivated
• Moving Forward -- Making the Most of What Is
Dasha Tcherniakovskaia, program chair
Law Practice Management Section