Agira, a Photonics Innovation Center company, has received a $628,000 grant through...
The equipment committee meets for several weeks each year to review input from various photonics faculty and staff members to determine the best use of capital equipment allocations to enhance the shared resources at the center. The committee reviews proposals presented by faculty members, investigates further information and makes an impartial decision on the equipment based upon the following five categories:
- The instrument will be widely usable as a shared resource in the Photonics Center to enhance the research and development programs;
- The instrument will provide critical leverage for attracting additional support to the Center for research and development;
- The instrument will attract additional support for research and development;
- The instrument is near full usage and more users are coming on-line; and
- The instrument will enhance the careers and photonics-related research of junior faculty members of the Photonics Center.