Fall 2014 Seminar Series:
- Tuesday, September 9: Dr. Gill introduces the start of the seminar series, and Richard Laing discusses practicums at EPN and WHO; Lauren Celano, Co-founder and CEO of Propel Careers, talks about job search tips, LinkedIn, and networking.
- Tuesday, September 30: Room TBA Dr. Gill highlights new practicum opportunities at Gilead, MSH, Merck and Agio; Lisa Toby lead exercises on elevator pitch and other interview strategies.
- Tuesday, October 14: Boston Health Associates Employer Information Session, Bakst Auditorium.
- Tuesday, October 28: Quintiles Alumni Panel
- Tuesday, November 11: BUSPH/Pharmaceuticals Program Alumni Panel: Join Meghan Bratton, Clinical Project Support Specialist at Quintiles, Lesley Nguyen, Associate Trial Leader at Novartis Vaccies, and Nga Tong, Publications Writer at Novartis Vaccines for a Q&A about their current positions, how they achieved their rules and any tips and tricks of navigating the Pharm Program.
- Tuesday, November 18: Focus Group
- Tuesday, December 2: Carrie Cook, Head of Licensing Neurodegenerative Diseases and Global Health Global Business Development at EMD Serono Inc. (Merck).
- Tuesday, December 9: Jamie Ring from Genzyme discusses her work and tips for entering the field.
Seminar Series Spring 2014
- Chris Gill Director of Program Clinical Trials
- Tobias Rinke de Wit PharmAccess a personal story around development of his career and in particular PharmAccess
- Lauren Celano Co-founder and CEO of Propel Careers Job search tips/LinkedIn/networking
- Jonathan Spector Special Assistant to the President at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Erin Hasselberg Consulting Services Manager, John Snow, Inc./ Principal Advisor (SCMS)
- Leah Davis Associate Director, Dar New Me, Development & Alumni Relations at BU Fundraising
- Dr. Beverly Brown director of development for both the Center for Global Health & Development (CGHD) and the Office of Technology Development (OTD) at Boston University Development
Seminar Series Fall 2013:
- Information session and introduction for new/interested students, and welcome back for current students
- Presentation from Lisa Toby, Career Office on the job search in the realm of pharmaceuticals. Check out her presentation on the “elevator pitch” here: Elevator Pitch Presentation
- Presentation from Tom McKeeff at Sproxil
- Presentation from Vas Narasimhan, Global head, vaccines development for Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics. ***This seminar will be held in L210
- Presentation from Richard Laing, from the World Health Organization
- Presentation from current students who have recently completed pharmaceuticals practicums
- Quintiles information session and panel discussion
- Presentation from Lesley Nguyen and Nga Tong, BUSPH alumni working at Novartis
- · Presentation from Danielle Littee, BUSPH alum now working at Millennium Pharmaceuticals
Seminar Series Fall 2012:
- Pharmaceuticals Program Q&A and Introduction of current students who have worked in the field
- Jose Travejo, Medical Director and Clinical Disease Area Lead for Infectious Diseases, Vertex Pharmaceuticals discusses his experiments in clinical development
- Erin Hasselberg Principal Advisor, Human Resource Capacity Development with the Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) at John Snow Inc. on supply chain management in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ingrid De Beer, BUSPH/CGHD’s first social entrepreneur in residence on the challenges of providing basic commodities and health care in Namibia
Seminar Series Spring 2012:
- Dr. Chris Gill discusses updates to the Pharmaceuticals Program curriculum and welcomes new and returning students
- Julia Giguere from MSCI Inc. on the Access to Medicine Index
- Alumni Meredith Wallace and Esprit Ma on the lessons learned a recap of the 1st Annual Pharmaceuticals Symposium
- Lydia Olson, Associate – Intellectual Property at Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP on IP and Patent Infringement in the Pharmaceutical Sector
- Dr. Chris Gill on Clinical Development
- Christopher Webster Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs Strategy at Vertex Pharmaceuticals on Regulatory Affairs
- Student Practicum Presentations