Alkermes Internship Opportunity-great company that hired at BUSPH alumn!
Alkermes is in an exciting phase of growth that few biotechnology companies achieve, with our diversified portfolio of commercial products and an exciting late-stage pipeline. We are moving ahead with global capabilities, an established approach to innovation, world-class manufacturing, financial strength, and our experienced and dedicated people.
The New Product Planning Co-op Intern will be responsible for interpreting primary and secondary data, documenting study approaches/ analyses, and developing reports that summarize study findings (e.g., powerpoint slides and/or white papers). In addition, this intern will be instrumental in building up the competitive intelligence capabilities of the group by developing and maintaining multiple competitive dashboards that track sales and development activities on a periodic basis.
- Design or assist in the execution of primary market research projects, including defining the question(s), developing a research approach (includes consideration of appropriate respondent samples, survey or discussion guide development), managing vendors (who program and recruit respondents), analyzing the data, and communicating results to a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Conducted aggregate analyses/ summary of key literature in the therapeutic space
- Integrate data sources from a wide variety of studies, analyze data and communicate results
- Utilize secondary research methods and mine various databases (public and internally-available) to provide market analyses and competitive intelligence
- Maintain knowledge of key players in the therapeutic area, and track competitor sales and activity on a weekly basis.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, or SPSS/SAS
- Available 35+hours per week January-June 2014
- 1st year MS/PhD Graduate Students in one of following disciplines (Prior experience in healthcare
- pharma/life sciences industry, market research, consulting, required):
- Health Sciences (Public health, Epidemiology, Clinical trial design, survey design, data collection methodologies and sources)
- Social Sciences (strong statistics background, survey design, and understanding of psychology to elicit change in behavior)
- Economics (strong quantitative skills)
Apply here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH10/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ALKERMES&cws=1&rid=4811