BMC Research Assistant: Physical Function in Postmenopausal Women studay at the Center for Infectious Disease
The Research Assistant will assist in the day-to-day function of the Physical Function in Postmenopausal Women study at the Center for Infectious Disease. This is a grant-funded, time-limited position. Under the supervision of the Principal Investigators, the Research Assistant will perform research activities using approved protocols and techniques. Duties include conducting patient recruitment, screening and enrollment, scheduling study visits, administering questionnaires to study subjects, assistance with patient navigation, creating and filing case report forms and performing other administrative tasks in support of the clinical study. The Research Assistant will ensure data integrity, quality control and compliance with all protocols. Duties may also include performing literature searches and supporting the research team with preparation of data and other reports.
- Bachelors degree required. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Prior research experience is preferred.
- Cultural sensitivity and comfort with a wide range of social, racial and ethnic populations.
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to explain procedures and to allay the apprehension of patients; and to interact effectively with a variety of Medical Center staff and outside personnel.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and knowledge of applicable software applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
Interested individuals should email a resume and cover letter (with the title “Research Assistant” in the subject line of the email) to Elizabeth Meuser at Elizabeth.Meuser@bmc.org.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer EOEM/F/V/H
BMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and the disabled to apply.