South-South Economic Relations
This project brought together leading experts from across the world to look at the emerging dynamics of economic relations among developing countries. The Pardee Center held a conference September 23-24, 2010, in which each author presented his or her preliminary conclusions and provided feedback for other participants.
The conference papers were subsequently incorporated into an edited volume titled The Future of South-South Economic Relations published in December 2012 by Zed Books. The table of contents is included below.
1) Latin American economic cooperation: causes and consequences of regime complexity
2) African trade and economic integration: longer-range prospects
Eric K. Ogunleye
3) Financial crisis and regional economic cooperation in Asia-Pacific
4) Regional trade integration and conflict resolution: an institutional paradigm
Shaheen Rafi Khan
6) South-South foreign direct investment flows: wishful thinking or reality?
7) Brazil: South-South economic relations and global governance
Alcides Costa Vaz
8) South-South trade and the environment
9)Latin America and China: trading short-term growth for (China’s) long-run prosperity
Kevin P. Gallagher
12) Growing economic relations between the GCC and Chindia