In accordance with BU police and Massachusetts state law, all matriculants must provide documentation to the Student Health Service of compliance with immunization requirements set forth in the Immunization Record. Students who do not provide the required documents will not be permitted to register for classes according to BU policy. Students traveling to countries outside the United States, as a part of their clinical rotation experience may be required to obtain additional immunizations as deemed necessary by the travel clinic.
The follow must be completed prior to enrollment:
- A booster of tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (Tdap) within the last 10 years
- Two MMr (measles, mumps, and rubella) shots or blood tests indicating immunity to these conditions. The first shot must be given AFTER 12 months of age.
- Three doses of hepatitis B vaccine (or appropriately time 2 dose series) and a blood test indicating immunity
- One dose of meningitis vaccine for students who will be living on campus; must be administered within the last 5 years
- A medical provider certified history of chicken pox or two doses of chicken pox vaccine given 4-8 weeks apart or a blood test indicating immunity to chicken pox
- A two-step tuberculosis skin test or a TB blood test and a chest X-Ray and evidence of treatment if any test is positive
- A yearly influenza shot
Student Work Policy
This policy is outlined on our Student Life page.
Completion of Course Work Policy
Consistent with BU financial aid policies, all PA students must successfully complete their degree requirements within 42 months of matriculation in order to be eligible for their diploma. All students are required to complete the entire program on a full time basis, in sequential fashion.