How to Apply
The CASPA Application
The Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) opens its yearly cycle in the spring each year. The deadline for the BU program’s receipt of a complete CASPA application is October 1. To ensure that the application is processed to meet this deadline, please note CASPA recommends submitting materials at least four weeks in advance of the application deadline date. Once the CASPA application has been received by the program, an invitation to complete our supplemental application will be sent via email automatically.
The BU PA Program requires a supplemental application. Once the program receives a completed application from CASPA, you will be asked to complete the required supplemental application. The due date for the supplemental application for the 2017-2018 application cycle is October 10th, 2017 at 5pm Eastern Standard Time.
Completing the Supplemental
Verification of your identity and a Boston University Web Account are required to access the supplemental application. Once the CASPA application has been received, the following steps occur:
- An email with the subject: Boston University PA Program CASPA Application Received will be sent to you. This first email contains a link to a Pre-Registration Form. Please complete the form, entering the information requested.
- After the Pre-Registration Form is completed, you will receive two additional emails:
- A Web Login email that provides your username and a link to set up a Boston University Web Account. You must complete the BU Web Account setup in order to log in to the Supplemental Application website. If you already have a BU account but cannot remember the details, please follow the instructions on the email.
- Supplemental Application Invite contains the web address to access the application for online submission. Enter your BU Web Account username and password to log in.
- Complete your application by the October 10th, 2017 deadline and submit the $45 fee, payable by credit card only.
We recommend consulting the Admissions FAQ page to find answers to commonly asked questions about the supplemental. If any other questions, concerns, or issues arise regarding access to the Boston University PA Program Supplemental application, please contact our office.
Letters of Recommendation
We require three letters of recommendation, submitted through CASPA, from:
1) a professor
2) a physician or physician assistant, and
3) an employer, none of whom are relatives of the applicant
In order to confirm applicants have a clear understanding of the working relationship between physicians and physician assistants, the letter of recommendation from a physician or PA cannot be substituted with a letter from another health care provider (i.e. RN, NP, paramedic).