Proposal and Award BW Report Remediation Efforts Underway
A project is currently underway to help address challenges and concerns with the current reports within the Business Warehouse for proposal and award data. Efforts include modifications to existing reports as well as new reports to help better meet the business needs of the research community.
What does this mean for you?
If you’re a current user with access to the Grants Management folder within the BUworks Reporting Portal:
- You’ll see updates to existing reports to include additional fields that can assist with your reporting needs.
- You’ll see a few new reports to help summarize and link Proposal and Award data.
- Quick reference guides and data field definitions will be available for each report in scope for this project (see below).
- Additional classroom training sessions will be available after go-live.
Scope of Reports
- Proposal Activity: Use this report to obtain information about proposals that have been submitted during a given period.
- Award Activity – Grant Level: Use this report to obtain the grant-level activity (new funding, renewal funding, continuation funding, incremental funding, or supplemental funding) that has taken place during a given period.
- Award Activity – Sponsored Program Level: Use this report to obtain the sponsored program-level activity (new funding, renewal funding, continuation funding, incremental funding, or supplemental funding) that has taken place during a given period.
- Cumulative Award: Use this report to search for the total amount of funding received within a given fiscal period, compared with the cumulative obligated amount to date and the amount of additional funding that is anticipated for each selected grant.
- Proposal to Funded Award: Use this report to obtain both proposal and award level data points to show the relationship between a proposal and its funded award during a specified period of time.
- Proposal and Award Summary: Use this report to obtain the number of proposals that were submitted and how many awards were received within a given period.
- Multi-Year Proposal and Award Summary: Use this report to compare the number and associated dollar amounts of proposals submitted and awards received in a fiscal period or range of fiscal periods with another fiscal period or range of fiscal periods.
Depending on a user’s level of access, all reports can be run for an investigator, fund center, school, campus, or the entire university.
- Fall 2012: The project team gained input from representatives from Office of Sponsored Programs, Post Award Financial Operation, BUMC IT, School of Medicine, College of Engineering and College or Arts & Sciences to help develop the project scope and report requirements.
- January – March 2013: The project team is confirming requirements, forming documentation, and developing and testing the reports. We will also be preparing training materials for end users.
- Early April 2013: We will conduct small focus groups to provide any last minute input before making the reports available to the broader research community.
- Mid-April 2013: Reports will be available for all users with appropriate access through the BUworks Central Portal (Reporting). Quick reference guides will be available.
- April – May 2013: Classroom trainings will be held to provide hands-on training opportunities for end users before and after go live.
If you have any questions on this project, please feel free to reach out to any of the following individuals: Jennifer Marron (firstname.lastname@example.org), Monica Russell (email@example.com) or Jennifer King (firstname.lastname@example.org).