All individuals working with laboratory animals at Boston University have access to an online learning library through the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). It can be accessed via RIMS, under the IACUC Refresher training. BU has activated the AALAS Learning Library’s auto login system, which means that BU users can login through BU’s system (www.bu.edu/rims) using their BU username and Kerberos passwords.
Please follow these steps to create your AALAS Learning Library login:
1. If you do not have a RIMS training account, please visit the RIMS training registration site to create one (http://www.bu.edu/rims/training-registration/training-profile-registration/).
2. Log into RIMS (www.bu.edu/rims).
3. Scroll down to the IACUC Refresher training.
4. If you have not previously used the AALAS Learning Library, select “REGISTER” in the third column.
5. Once you have created your AALAS Learning Library account through RIMS, you may then enter the AALAS Learning Library through RIMS.
To Login again:
1. Log into RIMS (www.bu.edu/rims).
2. Select the IACUC Refresher course (about halfway down the list in RIMS) and click on “Take the Course”
3. You will be instantly transported to the AALAS Learning Library home page and will be logged in automatically.
4. Click on Animal care and Use Courses
5. Click on AALAS Courses or BU tracks depending on what you need
6. Click on BU tracks for the specific online training you need to take or Click on the individual AALAS course that you want to take.
7. Course has been completed after the exam is taken.